The main objectives of National Service Scheme (NSS) are :
- Understand the community in which they work.
- Understand themselves in relation to their community.
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving.
- Develop among them selves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems.
- Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities.
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes.
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and practice national integration and social harmony
- There are 1.5 units of NSS, for boys and girls 150 students join NSS every year.
- This activity is to promote hard working, simplicity and social duty. Students are trained to do community work and provide services at the time of camps being held at villages.
- NSS members, perform various activities in the village viz. cleaning, health awareness, literacy for illiterates, cultural programs etc
Units is being coordinated by Prof. A Z Chaudhari and Dr. G. N. Baria